About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Second VG's Trip Last Friday

I kinda messed up a bit the other day when sorting through my coupons. In my job as a meat department employee I have to put dates on the ground beef of 2 days when I put it out in the counter. So on Thursday the 7th when I was home and sorting through my coupons I was thinking that it was the 9th. Thus I put all the coupons that said the 9th into the expired group and then I saved all the 10ths and soon to expires in my take with me group. It wasn't until I was walking around VG's on the 8th that I realized that it was not the 10th. But I used some of the 10th coupons anyway.

My receipt is a bit long this time so I won't list everything.

Pringles - Store price of 2 for $3. I had 3 coupons for $1 off 3. So 9 cans at $1.50 ea is $13.50 - $6 of doubled coupon = $7.50 or 83 cents per can.

Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches - $4.99 sale. I had 3 coupons for $1 off 1. They doubled and made them $2.99 ea.

2 for $6 Kruncher's Potato Chips - 3 $1 off 1q = $1 ea for 3

$2 Crystal Light on the Go -$1/1 FREE

3 for $4 Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad - $.50/2 $.83 each for 2

I used a few condiment coupons since its easy to get them cheaper with double $1.

Kikkoman Soy Sauce - $1.99 - 55 cents off doubled = 89 cents.

French's Worcestershire sauce $1.65 sale - .75 doubled = 15 cents

Heinz 57 Sauce $3.99 sale - $1 doubled = $1.99

I got lots more stuff and if anyone wants me to list more I will but lets get to the total.

The reusable bags were Bogo or 2 for .99 so I grabbed 2. As I was checking out I decided to go grab 2 more. But when I got home I realized I actually grabbed the insulated zip top bags that were $2.49 each. But that's ok since I probably can use them anyway.

My total before Q was $106.32 and after was $69.77 for a 34 % savings.

Trip 1
Before = $50.03
After coupons = $25.05

Trip 2
Before = $106.32
After coupons = $69.77

Total
Before $156.35
After = $94.82
Total saved at VG's = $61.53

Edited: The store had plenty of Pringles on the shelf and had more on display in another aisle. My 9 cans did not even make a dimple in their shelf amount. I'm not a shelf clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment