About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Friday, July 8, 2011

In a Hefty Bind

Today was a busy day. I'll be posting about my second VG's trip tonight or tomorrow but for now I'm posting the progress on my binder.
While at Kroger today I noticed that a few of the boxes of Hefty One Zip freezer bags had .15 off peelies on them and they were part of the Mega event where you buy 10 participating items and get $3 off or .30 nocked off each items already sale price. The bags were starting at $1.99 sale price and I bought 3 Lean Pockets - $1.84 ea, 3 Diet Coke 2 liters .89 ea, and then 2 quart size Hefty One Zip at $1.69 ea and then 2 gallon size bags with the .15 coupon to make them $1.54 ea.

I didn't get a chance to get my binder set up before my VG's trip but I had a rough draft version using other zip loc bags and I think this could work. While in VG's I bought 3 packs of 5 binder dividers for .99 ea. They are different colored plastic with tabs on top to label if I want.

So what I am doing right now is I fold the gallon sized bag in half and then tape it to keep it folded. Then I poke the binder rings through to hold it. Then I tape it to one of the dividers to not only give a hard backed surface but give me the option of taking the page out. And it comes out like this so far. I purposely folded the bags so that the clear side is closest to me so the Hefty logo isn't in the way of my coupons.



I can also add a few pages using the smaller bags if needed. They are wide enough to get grabbed by 2 of the 3 rings. They may come in handy for smaller categories or aisle types. Which is what I need to do. I need to organize by food type or aisle type. And then have one empty bag for the checkout coupons (those that I have products in my basket already) and one for misc organizing. Such as if its expired or I decide not to use it but am in a hurry and will wait till home to put it back in its space. The picture is showing only 5 of the dividers so I still have 10 more to use if needed. I do need to dig out one of my wider ringed binders though. Also the zipper sliders do cause a bit of a bump on one end. But its not meant to be a perfect system. Its basically my old envelope system but they are clear now. Being able to work one aisle at a time will be much better than what I'm currently dealing with.

Return Shout out to Lesa at Coupons Equal Cash for her mention of PB Saves on her VG's post. Thanks to her and thanks to any of you who may be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment