About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

IP no longer means Internet Protocol. Guess I Need a Printer

IP this IP that everywhere I look. I'm trying to hold off on buying a printer but its hard to ignore all the coupons I'm missing out on. To me its like this. If I spend $100 - $150 on printers and cartridges then I'm forcing myself to stick at this long enough to get that investment back. At the moment I've made one shopping trip so far and paid $6 for four newspapers and am up about $44. I guess when I look at it like that it seems like I can get my money back. But I don't want to buy a printer just because its cheap only to find out I can't get ink for it or have to keep buying toner cartridges and drums. I'm not expecting myself to use up a cartridge in only a month but who knows until they have the thing. I don't know how many sites have printable coupons yet. There's the obvious ones like RedPlum and SmartSource but I'm also seeing all these products with coupons on Facebook. Trying to get recommendations for printers is hard because everyone seems to like something that another says is junk. Some say get Kodak because it has cheaper ink while others say get a laser printer because they last longer. I'm leaning towards the laser printers but I want to get one that will last and not be discontinued two weeks after I buy it. But the toner and drums cost the same as the printer or more combined. I don't need to be playing the throw out the printer and buy a new one for the same price as ink game. But knowing me I'm going to buy a printer. Probably the cheapest black and white laser printer I can get preferably wireless. And then I'll have something post about when I get it. Now if I can just get away from this computer and mess with my newspaper coupons.
If you're reading thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert,
    I recently bought a Kodak printer (Kodak ESP Office 2150). I bought it at Walmart for around $130, they had a less expensive Kodak printer and one that cost more, so I chose the middle of the road. It has built in wi-fi, and I am VERY happy with it. If you are only printing coupons and the like, I would say you can get away with not having a laser printer. I'm enjoying reading your blog :) I would like to be a better coupon shopper, but it's hard to find the time with a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rec. I was gonna use some baby coupons but the store was all out of babies. Kroger is supposed to be launching a Comforts For Baby website soon with coupons etc. http://www.comfortsforbaby.com/

    ReplyDelete