About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Friday, July 1, 2011

Organizing ~ Can I figure it out my way?

So I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to organize my inserts and coupons. The method I used to use was small envelopes inside of a large envelope. And it worked because I had it sorted out according to a certain store that I had memorized enough. The main reason I had trouble with it was my mom would always put a bunch of coupons in there that got in my way. Which not only made it harder to get at the coupons I meant to use but made it harder to get the expireds out of the way. So I'd have to stand there for like an hour going through the envelopes and trying to find the coupons I knew I wanted that would match the ad and it just got to the point that I didn't want to bother.

Now its me doing the organizing and I don't have anyone piling things on. Having a binder in the store would be nice but its something a bit big to me. I say that now but I don't even have a printer yet so who knows what I'll end up using if I have other sources of coupons besides the inserts. I just don't want to have people bugging me about being one of those extreme people. But I still want to have my coupons with me so either I bring them in the store or have them in the car. I would rather have a system that's more like a recipe card box organized by food type such as cereal or condiments.

I also don't really like leaving my coupons in insert page form even with multiple inserts. I don't like having a ketchup coupon stuck to a page with a cat food on the back. I am grateful that there are sites that do the matchups and show coupons with insert name and dates. Bottom line is I cannot have boxes or crates full of inserts. Especially if at any given moment many of the coupons will be sitting there already expired. I'd like to send them to the people who can still use them but I'm not going to have time to page through inserts multiple times per month just to get the few expireds out. If I cut them out to begin with and organize them I can then just refer to some sort of log sheet and then pick them out. So that's my mission. Organize my way and see if it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment