About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Saturday, July 16, 2011

PB @ VG's ~ Part 3

The shopping trips are getting a bit easier and faster.
First of all being able to print out a list of what I'm planning to get is a time saver. I don't have to flip through coupons in the store as much.

I was only planning a short trip to get the matchups I liked before the deadline tonight. So after 7 when I got off work I shot over and took just a small 3 page binder in. Based on this test I think my idea will work ok. Just need to tape my bags on better. Or maybe glue.

Anyway I had a nice combo of newspaper and printable coupons to use.
Thanks to the VG's matchups & comments on Coupons Equal Cash and Bargains To Bounty I had a list.

I didn't get everything on the list. As a grocery employee the term I've heard for empty shelves is a hole. As in I need to fill it. There were a few holes for some of the cheap and free items. I'm not getting rain checks yet. Eventually if its something I really want I'll go that route but not until. Its a karma thing.

So to start with I had a catalina from the last trip for $1 off my order. I got it by buying Combos snacks with a Q last trip.

At the Shelby Twp store the GM Cereals that were sale priced 2 for $4 were regular Total, reg Cheerios, Trix, and Fruity Cheerios.
I had 3 coupons for buy 2 get $1 off.
I only used 2 of them since the sale selection wasn't great. The coupon has a good variety on it so I'll save at least one Q for another sale. But $1 per box is good for 4 boxes.

Heinz Vinegar would've been 15 cents a bottle if they had them.
Mueller's Whole grain pasta would've been free.

Keebler Town House Flip Sides - 2 boxes sale and email club price $1.88 ea.
I used a printable for $1 off 2 to get them 88 cents ea.

Snyders Pretzel Sandwiches - On B to Bounty they mentioned these were in store special 2 for $6.
I got 1 bag and use my $1 off 1 Q to get it for $1

Pop Tarts 12 ct boxes 2 for $5. The newspaper Q is expired and I had already used mine but there's a printable I used to get $2 off 3 boxes or 3 for $5.50 / $1.83 ea

I got 1 Danimals and 1 Danoninos both free after using $1 off Q on ea.

I took my KC Masterpiece $1 Q because it expires tomorrow. I got the Southern Style BBQ sauce that's Cider Vinegar style. It was $2.29 - $1 Q doubled = 29 cents

1 Johnsonville Chicken Sausage, apple flavor - $3 sale price - $1 dbl = $1

1 Land O Frost 16 oz premium lunchmeat - $3.99 sale - 55 cents dbl = $2.89 for a pound of lunchmeat. If you get a pound of LM for under $3 its decent. I got the ham because of the packs left it had the longest date.

3 bottles of Coffee Mate 16 oz Liquid
2 for $4 sale
I had 2 printables. One for 55 cents off 1 and another 75 cents off 2. I used both for 3 bottles. So $6 - $1.10 - $1.50 = $3.40 or $1.13 ea
They have the big bottles on sale tomorrow $3.29 ea. The printables are on
Coffee Mate's site

Coles Garlic Bread - 2 for $4
My printable from the Coles site said breadsticks so I got the box of 6 garlic sticks. $2 - 50 cents dbl = $1

I forgot to bring my bags in but I wanted to buy a few more anyway and only had a small order so I grabbed 2 more of the $2.49 cold stuff zip top bags.
Plus I got a gallon of Milk so these items were my non coupon items.
When I put my bags back in the car at home I put one on the passengers floor as a reminder for next time.
So $2.49 + 2.49 + .30 tax + 2.79 + $1 charity = $9.07 non Q

$52.60 before Q scan
$28.90 after
$23.70 in coupons.

If my math is right
$52.60 - 9.07 non Q = $43.53 coupon items - 23.70 = $19.83
So I got more than 50% knocked off the Q items.

Anyway, its a new week now. Will it be V~ery G~ood S~avings?

Note: VG's doubles printable manufacturer Qs if they don't say not to.
Considering how many stores don't even take printables much less double them I'm considering myself lucky to have had some doubled. One reason not to tempt karma and fuss over some small bottles of vinegar. Because just my luck by the time the vinegar comes in they'll change the policy to not even double up to $1 anything.

Note: Shopping time less than an hour. Left work at 7. Receipt says 7:56

Thanks for reading. :)

Edit:
Trip 1
Before = $50.03
After coupons = $25.05

Trip 2
Before = $106.32
After coupons = $69.77

Trip 3
B = $52.60
A = $28.90

Total
B = $208.95
A = $123.72
59% savings

No comments:

Post a Comment