About Me

My photo
Disco, MI, United States
Hello and thank you for reading. I am Robert from Michigan. In 2000 - 01 I left a gear shop job to pursue a Cosmetology License. I attended 800 of 1500 hours but because of not being able to find a job and attempting to pay my own way and other personal issues with being shy and such I could not finish. Its now years later and I am purging myself of all the issues that held me back before. I am not letting fear, anger, regret, or other negativity keep me from getting that licnese and then going on to make people happy with my ability to help with not just their outer beauty but how they feel on the inside. I want to finish this time and go on from there to maybe teach, own a salon, or apply myself to something I haven't thought of yet. But I need to finish. So I'm starting a blog just like I did last time. And I'm going to share the past, present, and hopefully future here. I am now a student once again at Regency Beauty Institute - Shelby Township, MI aka Lakeside Campus. Thank you again for being here and reading. ~ Wishing You No Tangles ~ Robert / PurpleBubba

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It was double fun while it lasted but VG's is not as Very Good as it was

If you are not aware many of the VG's stores will have a change on their coupon policy this coming weekend Aug 14th. Many stores are dropping the $1 doubling and going down to 50 cent doubling and may have some other changes. I have not been to the store myself to read any posted signs but have been reading other blogs as well as VG's Facebook page. Nothing official is being posted on the FB page but there are many customers leaving feedback. I've also asked a few questions only to be ignored. Has VG's lost me as a customer? Not yet. But they have basically taken me back to where I was a few weeks ago when I started this. I thought that VG's was a 50 cent doubler and was going to simply compare them to the other stores in my area. They kinda had me on the bandwagon a bit with the $1 doubles and took my attention away from another local store, Hollywood Market which is a 50 center. On some of the posts it says that the stores are saying that its a corporate decision but I wonder if that means VG's corporate or Spartan stores?

So here's the bottom line. I spent money on a printer. The store that gets my business will be the one that still takes printable coupons. VG's was spoiling people by not only taking them but doubling some. I'll consider myself lucky that I had a handful doubled when I didn't know they would be.

I've been on a break as far as shopping trips. I've still been collecting my 3 papers worth each week. I'm going to have to weed through my coupons though. I'm sure half of what I printed is expired by now. Which is keeping me from scratching the itch to print more until I'm actually going to use them. Those limited time prints on FB pages are tempting but no sense winning if I'm not getting the prize cashed in.

I also want to say that Hollywood Market seems to respond well to people on their FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment